International Cuban Music School
The course is an excellent hands on introduction to Cuban music. The teaching team of Sierra McGuinness and Sierra Maestra is excellent. It was wonderful to be able to go out in the evenings and hear top class bands playing what we were aspiring to, and to enjoy the convivial company of course participants and organisers.
One week at the Chateau is pure indulgence: Sharing the passion for Jazz with an interesting, culturally mixed group of people, learning from outstanding tutors, listening to inspiring instrumentalists as well as singers, enjoying fantastic food, having a lot of fun (nothing beats the English humour) and all of that in the most stunning environment is truly unique.
We are very pleased to announce that for the 15th year we will be organising the Cuban Music School in Havana in 2018.
Our main tutor will be the internationally renowned Cuban violinist Omar Puente and guest Cuban tutors.
Our school offers the perfect introduction to Cuban traditional and contemporary music for instrumentalists and singers of all experience levels. We also welcome non-players who would like to immerse themselves in our unique musical experience of Cuba.
Check out Omar's website:
Here’s a taste of what you’ll find at the International Cuban Music School:
- A very experienced Course Director and musician – Clive Fenner
- Top Cuban and English tutors
- Visits to Havana music clubs, concerts and music venues
- Time off to explore Havana and nearby beaches
- Cuban music workshops held in an historic, listed, colonial-style building
- Accommodation in an intimate hotel in Old Havana
- International enrolment - we welcome students from around the world
- 14 years of experience working in Havana for the Cuban Music School