International Cuban Music School Course Details
One week at the Chateau is pure indulgence: Sharing the passion for Jazz with an interesting, culturally mixed group of people, learning from outstanding tutors, listening to inspiring instrumentalists as well as singers, enjoying fantastic food, having a lot of fun (nothing beats the English humour) and all of that in the most stunning environment is truly unique.
The International Cuban Music Course is open to players of all instruments and singers of all experience levels. We also welcome non-players who would like to join our musical experience.
Date: 3rd - 10th Feb. 2018
Course Director: Clive Fenner
Course Tutor: Omar Puente
(For more information on Omar Puente visit www.omarpuente.com
An introduction to performing traditional and contemporary Cuban music:-
• the history of Cuban music
• an introduction to key styles of Cuban music
• rhythm in Cuban music - for all instruments and singers
• harmony in Cuban music
• song form and structure in Cuban music
• singing in Cuban music
• improvisation in Cuban music
• performing Cuban music
Activities will include
• pre-course listening and playing
• small group workshops
• specialist instrument workshops for percussion, voice, piano, front-line
• evening performances and 'jam'
• end of week performance
• visits to top music venues in Havana
• time to visit Havana and beyond