Advanced Improvisors Course
"Must be the benchmark for all Jazz courses - sixteen years experience shows!""
This option is for the more experienced student and offers a progression from the Main Course and similar courses. It is open to all instrumentalists including rhythm section players.
Dates: 10 - 17 August 2018
Tutors: Omar Puente, Simon Purcell and Julian Siegel
To enhance and deepen course members' understanding of contemporary approaches to playing jazz and improvisational skills.
• contemporary approaches to jazz improvisation
• repertoire - non-standard song forms
• contemporary approaches to melody, harmony and rhythm
• interactive rhythm section
• devising effective approaches to practising jazz improvisation
• small and larger group workshops
• active listening and reflection workshop
• specialist instrument tutorials
• directed practice time
• daily workshop performance
• evening club
• final concert to the public
• student-led rehearsals