Main Jazz Course
"Somehow, being away from home frees you up from the usual hangups about your own playing and makes you more willing to experiment. I learnt a lot of important principles here that stay with me today. Burned into my memory are visions of late night jams and french wine."
This course is for instrumentalists and singers of all levels of experience.
One week at the Chateau is pure indulgence: Sharing the passion for Jazz with an interesting, culturally mixed group of people, learning from outstanding tutors, listening to inspiring instrumentalists as well as singers, enjoying fantastic food, having a lot of fun (nothing beats the English humour) and all of that in the most stunning environment is truly unique.
Dates: Friday 3rd - Friday 10th August &/or Friday 10th - 17th August 2018
Tutors: 3 - 10 August: - Liane Carroll, Simon Purcell, Julian Siegel
Tutors: 10 - 17 August: - Omar Puente, Simon Purcell, Julian Siegel
This week also includes the Advanced Improvisors option
To develop your performance and understanding of jazz with special emphasis on playing with others and as part of an ensemble.
- small group workshops
- large group & big band workshops
- specialist instrument workshops for singers, pianists, rhythm section and front-line players.
- daily performance of workshop material
- performances by the tutors and participants in the evening club
- student-led group rehearsals and performance
- final night concert to the public