Main Jazz Course
The course is an excellent hands on introduction to Cuban music. The teaching team of Sierra McGuinness and Sierra Maestra is excellent. It was wonderful to be able to go out in the evenings and hear top class bands playing what we were aspiring to, and to enjoy the convivial company of course participants and organisers.
This course is for instrumentalists and singers of all levels of experience.
Dates: Friday 3rd - Friday 10th August &/or Friday 10th - 17th August 2018
Tutors: 3 - 10 August: - Liane Carroll, Simon Purcell, Julian Siegel
Tutors: 10 - 17 August: - Omar Puente, Simon Purcell, Julian Siegel
This week also includes the Advanced Improvisors option
To develop your performance and understanding of jazz with special emphasis on playing with others and as part of an ensemble.
- small group workshops
- large group & big band workshops
- specialist instrument workshops for singers, pianists, rhythm section and front-line players.
- daily performance of workshop material
- performances by the tutors and participants in the evening club
- student-led group rehearsals and performance
- final night concert to the public